White stingray poop, suspected internal parasite

rayguy84

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2013
pennsylvania
In the last few days I've noticed my rays poop has turned white and is more of a gelatinous blob than its usual dark and coiled, I screwed up and got them a few rosey reds from a lfs........I know prazi is the usual solution for internal parasites but I wanted some opinions on the fact that at least one of my females is VERY pregnant. .......still safe?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

FishDog

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2008
B.G. KY
If they are eating and everyone is happy I would do nothing. Their poo will turn colors from time to time so just seeing white can very easily mean nothing. Parasites are not as common as we may think and they usually do not kill rays. It is usually when they stop eating and stress takes its toll.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

rayguy84

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2013
pennsylvania
Appreciate the advise, good to hear I try to limit chemical use to almost none, we'll see if there's any change now, my big female gave birth to 3 pups a little after 3 a.m. this morning luckily our new puppy was already keeping me up lol

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Pics and more details are needed congrats

Appreciate the advise, good to hear I try to limit chemical use to almost none, we'll see if there's any change now, my big female gave birth to 3 pups a little after 3 a.m. this morning luckily our new puppy was already keeping me up lol

Sent from the Monster Fish Keeping App

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
The change in poop could be from a diet of fish (rosy reds). I doubt you would see a change in ray poop caused by parasites so quick from the feeder fish (if the feeders actually are infected). You could always feeze the feeder fish first, and then feed the rays.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store