My Canister Filter System for my 75 Gal. Tank

MMH

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2014
Okanogan, WA
I built this Filter System for my 75 Gal Cichlid Tank. I made the Stand for the tank and made a 6" drip/leak area in the bottom that can hold around 18 gals. The Canister is a Nu-Clear with a 20 Micron 30 sq. ft. Cartridge. My pump is a Blue Line P100 feeding the system. The water suction goes thru a clear rock filter made out of a whole house filter. The rocks that get sucked in vacuuming drop to the bottom when I use the pump to do it. After the canister the water goes into my 2 BIO Filters. That way I can clean one at a time if needed. Each BIO Filter runs a nozzle in the tank. The pump moves 790 GPH and after filtration 500 plus GPH out the 2 nozzles. Easy to clean for me just close a couple valves remove the top pull out the filter an drop the spare one in. I clean the dirty one and save it for the next time. I clean when the PSI Gauge hits 5 PSI 1/2 what the pump puts out. It will clear the tank in 1/2 hour of debris no problem. I also can drain the tank for water changes with it.

Picture of it; http://photos.imageevent.com/willy/cichlidfish/large/DSCN0731.JPG

MMH

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2014
Okanogan, WA
I have 21 Cichlids in a 75 gal tank. This was for my 16" Pleco in his 45 gal tank. I just put it together and liked the Nu-Clear Filter cause it looked so beefey like a pool filter. It also only cost $157.00 too. Add the pump in for $180.00 it started to add up. Cheapest part was the $28.00 whole house GE filters. I modified them to work with a tube going to the bottom on the BIO ones.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store