Beginners luck?

Skyhawks85R

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2013
Mukilteo, WA
Not popping the champagne yet but both my dats have started to eat pellets (new life spectrum large fish formula) out of the blue. Had them a little over a month. Mainly feeding the black worms with occasional red wriggler. At first they wouldn't bother with the pellets, just kind of eye them as they would sink by. But last night and today, they both ate several a piece. Not sure if it helped but I do have 3 baby pumpkin seeds and a few spotted silver dollars living with them. Curious if the dats have been learning from them. They are indeed inquisitive creatures with those eyes always moving about.

Oxydoras

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2009
West Coast
Way to go Robert! Pellet trained dats for the win!

Just be sure they're eating pellets regularly before offering them live/frozen again. Wouldn't want them to revert back to their old ways just as your making progress!

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Agreed,now that they have taken some pellets I wouldn't offer anything else but that for quite a while.

Xia

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2014
New York
Congrats! Took me a while to pellet train my dats. I've successfully trained Indos, attempted it with ntt a while back but wasn't successful. Thinking about picking up a ntt and hoping the Indos will teach it to take pellets

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Good luck with training the thinbar.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store