3rd and final bichir suggestions

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
Sup guys,
So...I caught that there poly bug a few months back and snagged a regular ol' 3" albino sen from my local LFS, and when I saw how cool they were, I went out and picked up a 5" koliba. Now I want one more to complete my small bichir collection. I plan on a nice 180ish bichir only tank with these guys.

My question is...what species should I round out my trio with???

My personal preferences right meow are either an endli or a del...but I'm open to any of the other species out there!

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
I would say a Delhezi. One of my favorites of all time.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Ive kept a few different ones and the Del is high on my list of favorites. It is very outgoing and will feed openly during the daytime whereas some of my others were much more shy. One of my shy bichir is now starting to open up more as it gains in size and might just replace the Del as my favorite. That would be my weeksii. I love how its head looks in comparison to its body, the nickname 'fathead' really fit them. So my vote would be a Delhezi or Weeksii.

Khapham_1997

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2013
My house!!!!!
Why only 3? A 180 with the dim 6x2x2 could house more :). Beside, the Koliba will out grow and will prob eat the albino sen... I would look into lower jaws bichirs. Like lap, endli, congicus, etc.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
Why only 3? A 180 with the dim 6x2x2 could house more :). Beside, the Koliba will out grow and will prob eat the albino sen... I would look into lower jaws bichirs. Like lap, endli, congicus, etc.

excuse my ignorance...but isnt a koliba a lap? At least I was under the impression from what I looked up he is. I dunno they hang out with eachother right now. we will see. my girlfriend won't be real happy if my bichir eats hers hahaha.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
Ive kept a few different ones and the Del is high on my list of favorites. It is very outgoing and will feed openly during the daytime whereas some of my others were much more shy. One of my shy bichir is now starting to open up more as it gains in size and might just replace the Del as my favorite. That would be my weeksii. I love how its head looks in comparison to its body, the nickname 'fathead' really fit them. So my vote would be a Delhezi or Weeksii.
i do like dels....thats another vote in that direction haha.

Askaleymanfish

Aimara
MFK Member
May 15, 2014
Danville Virginia
+1 wit khapham dude u can house more than 3 in that size .... Also laps r very laid back and very rarely show aggression but that koliba will get big enough to easily gulp down that albino sen .... So watch them when that koliba gets around 10" witch won't take long lol

Nim Dibbley

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2010
CA
teugelsi

Khapham_1997

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2013
My house!!!!!
excuse my ignorance...but isnt a koliba a lap? At least I was under the impression from what I looked up he is. I dunno they hang out with eachother right now. we will see. my girlfriend won't be real happy if my bichir eats hers hahaha.
Yes. Koliba is a type of lap. There're also Faranah, Koloton, Guine and Koliba. IMO, Faranah and Guine lap look the best!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store