Noise from FX5.

Karl K

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Denmark
My Fx5 has started to make a noise, like theres a lot of air inside, its kinda loud and a little annoying because its in the room where i sleep.
Anyone that has an idea what i can do?

INTHECOWBOYSWETRUST

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2013
TOLEDO OHIO
Sometimes I turn it off an blast my hose through the tubing

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
I would not do that.. that will blow the funk out of the filter back into the tank!!! I have 5 FX5 filters in use right now and the only time I ever heard that noise is when the hose was too long and hung down below the top of the filter.. I cut the hose so it was straight and never heard the noise again..

But now I have one hooked up to a 180 gal. tank that is sitting right on the floor with the filter sitting on the floor behind it and it makes that noise and you can see the air bubbles blowing out in the water!!!

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
Have you checked the intake strainer for blockage?

I also found that when the media gets plugged up, I notice an increase in filter noise.

Mlsantos

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2012
United states
Jus to clarify I'm pretty sure people are smart enough to not blow crap into ur tank lol anyways... Cleaning out the tubes is also a must if u want everything running smoothly as well as cleaning out ur sponges and swapping out media as necessary

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Karl K

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Denmark
I would not do that.. that will blow the funk out of the filter back into the tank!!! I have 5 FX5 filters in use right now and the only time I ever heard that noise is when the hose was too long and hung down below the top of the filter.. I cut the hose so it was straight and never heard the noise again..

But now I have one hooked up to a 180 gal. tank that is sitting right on the floor with the filter sitting on the floor behind it and it makes that noise and you can see the air bubbles blowing out in the water!!!
The intake is not straight, might be the problem.
Thanks

Mantvis

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2012
Lithuania
Also, try to turn down output valve for a bit. Keep it like that for a couple of days and it should stop making that bubble noise inside the filter. Helped for me.

salmonface

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2014
Australia
I would give the filter a good clean and make sure the lid is fully sealed sometimes there is a air block in the top of canister

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store