24-inch Australian Lungfish and 5 inch Mbu Puffer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simcan

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2005
Toronto
Hi all. I will probably regret this based on how long I looked for them before finding these fish, but in an effort to simplify I have decided to sell my very healthy and happy AUL and Mbu (I keep them separately but they could be together). Moving to more of a small-fish community set-up.

AUL is two feet long, maybe a bit more, and eats earthworms, algae tabs, Hikari Massivore, dubia roaches, raw shrimp, raw scallops, brussel sprouts...you name it. In the past he had a bout of HITH due to shipping but is long since cleared of that (still some minor scarring but is otherwise perfect...not a mark, perfect fins, thick and glossy).

This is rare collector's fish. Price is firm at $1500. Central Toronto, will not ship but will consider delivery within GTA.

Also available is a perfectly healthy and nicely marked 5-inch Mbu. Feeding on ramshorn snails, scallops, clams, and shrimp. Price firm at $100. Not fish-aggressive, lives with about 30 Congo tetras and a bristlenose, used to live with a black ghost knife with no issues.

KuhliaFan

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2011
Brisbane West
Hi Simcam how have you gone selling your Aussie lungfish? It might be a long shot but if you still have it or are in contact with the person who bought I'm after a scale for a research project we are running here in Aust where we are trying to work out a way to age lungfish in the wild. To do that we need a scale from a known age fish to calibrate the techniques we are using. If there is any chance that it sheds a scale I'd be keen to get one. Most people prefer not to remove one but we found they recover rapidly. Let me know if this interests you. That one scale could help us a lotto better manage this species in the wild.
David

Simcan

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2005
Toronto
Hi. No nibbles yet which surprises me given how rarely they are available. I will not remove a scale, but will keep an eye open for any that drop off (which has not happened yet). Thanks.

Simcan

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2005
Toronto
Based on a quick google search I don't think there would be an issue since this is for personal enjoyment (not commercial) but I am not an expert. You should call 1-800-344-WILD to check. Let me know via PM once you confirm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store