hungry?

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
Well according to the link it's not a black and white situation. It's appears the violation happened in a 'blackout zone'. Here's a quote

According to the Sun-Sentinel, the new rules dictate that feeding sites "cannot be within 500 feet of each other, that only one is allowed in any given city block and that any site would have to be at least 500 feet away from residential properties."
Which tells me if it was done in the correct location...then it is ok.

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
I agree with this law. It only bans organized OUTDOOR feeding sites close to residential areas and within close proximity of each other. It also requires a restroom be provided for mass public feelings. Free bathrooms for the homeless is a great idea!

I'm a firm believer that handing out food on the street encourages homelessness. I dont want them to die, i want them to use the resources available to them to get off the streets.

Real facts about the ordinance, not sensationalize news about an organized protest like the one sparty posted

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/fort-lauderdale/fl-lauderdale-homeless-feeding-sites-20141021-story.html

http://blogs.browardpalmbeach.com/pulp/2014/10/fort_lauderdale_commissioners_set_to_vote_on_homeless_hate_laws_tonight_draft.php

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
Lol "feeding sites". I picture a bunch of people with bincoculars at these feeding sites seeing which species of homeless show up, so they can add them to their list of vagrants they've seen in the wild.

Tasteless humor aside...500 feet or one block apart isn't that big of a deal...I kind of understand the idea behind it...they never said stop feeding the homeless, they said don't congregate in one area to do it. It has nothing to do with stopping the help these people are receiving lol.

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
I'm not impressed by a 90 year old man getting harmless arrests

Hes too old for it to "ruin" his career and hes working for non profit. Sure its a minor inconvenience but its not like you or i getting arrested. Talk to me when someone whos not retired does it

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
I think the man is stupid, all he has to do is go to the correct place then he can fed them all day long until he gets tired. If anything, it seems he wants attention so he feeds them in the wrong place on purpose.

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
I'm not impressed by a 90 year old man getting harmless arrests

Hes too old for it to "ruin" his career and hes working for non profit. Sure its a minor inconvenience but its not like you or i getting arrested. Talk to me when someone whos not retired does it

That will teach me to walk away before hitting the reply button

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
I think the man is stupid, all he has to do is go to the correct place then he can fed them all day long until he gets tired. If anything, it seems he wants attention so he feeds them in the wrong place on purpose.
Lol i agree. Hes just protesting and acting like a false hero

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store