Looking for a small but interactive and aggressive wet pet, do they exist?

festaedan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2013
Maryland
Hey guys
So now that I mainly keep "wimpy" fish I really miss keeping oddballs but my only 2 large-ish tanks (55 and 125) already have a breeding pair of fish in them. I guesse my male trimac is kind of a wet pet but I would really want some kind of oddball. Any suggestions? It would have to be able to live in a 40 breeder or smaller.
Thanks guys

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Male green sunfish. Super aggressive and personable and average 8-10".

piranhaman00

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin

ad88

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2013
Oklahoma
Freshwater puffers such as Congo or Hairy puffers are lurkers who bury themselves and then attacks their prey. I just recently got a Congo and he has already killed its first victim a tiger barb and I have only had it one day it's about 3" long so it still has some growing to go.

Aquaculture Tyler

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2013
Alamosa Colorado
These may not be exactly oddballs but you mentioned about keeping wimpy fish but a school of Exodons are not shy at all and remind you of mini piranhas. There are also piranhas in the family serrasalmus that could live in a 40 for life if they're legal where you live. Puffers are cool also like the other guy mentioned.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Empyreal

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
Yes! I have a Nannacara Anomala. Is is almost Oscar like, which is so weird cus its only about 1 in long. But when I come to feed its swimming back and forth starting at me like an Oscar would. Also, very good looking fish. They seem very hardy too, so just my opinion, worth picking up for smaller fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store