How to refill tank the fastest????

RayFanatic2014

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2014
Mount Prospect, Illinois
Hello friends. I finally found a quick way to empty the tank using a pool hose diameter of 1.5 inches. Now I would like to learn how to refill the tank faster to avoid temperature flux. Any ideas???

FishDog

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2008
B.G. KY
If you want to fill fast with no fluctuation then age you water with a large drum and use a large pump to fill tank. Any other way will produce temp or pH swing. I drain mine fast and fill slow but both my tanks have stand pipes so I cannot over fill

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

RayFanatic2014

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2014
Mount Prospect, Illinois
If you want to fill fast with no fluctuation then age you water with a large drum and use a large pump to fill tank. Any other way will produce temp or pH swing. I drain mine fast and fill slow but both my tanks have stand pipes so I cannot over fill

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Thanks for the heads up. I appreciate it.

oldfish

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2005
Beavercreek Ohio
I do 30% water changes and refill my tanks with 3/4 hose from my well @18GPM.The water is around 57F and drops the temp alot.This does not seem to bother the rays or other fish at all.

Reedmaster16

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2005
Ohio
Refilling faster will exacerbate parameter fluctuations unless you have a large volume aging setup like FishDog described.

Slower refill is always better if you are unable to precisely match the source water to tank water parameters.

B_IN_SD

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2006
Sturgis S.D.
When I do my wc's the h2o is stored in a 200 gl tub and 2 33 gl trash cans. The h2o is then heated to the same temp. as the tank system then pumped into the tank. It takes about 50 min. to drain and 3 min to fill. I verify the temps with a hand held digital thermometer you can pick one up for $30.
Will post a pic

RayFanatic2014

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2014
Mount Prospect, Illinois
I have a 75 gallon tank which I'm considering setting up as an immediate refill system. I have a thermometer for precise temperature to match the Rays tank. If I buy a sump, can I get away with just using Stress Coat?

mudbuttjones

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2014
Wisconsin
I use a hose on the sink and match the temp the best I can by dipping my fingers in the tank and comparing it to the water from the faucet.

Its a really scientific method.

:D

Sent from my SCH-R950 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store