Scotland
I had a water bowl for mine, she'd drink directly from the bowl sometimes

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Nigelk8485

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2014
Louisville, KY
I don't think it's absolutely terrible. Make it shallow and on the cool side of the tank. I don't have one in with mine though, he would never drink from it. He just gets weekly baths and his vegetables get sprayed with water.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Nigelk8485

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2014
Louisville, KY
Also what are some more pleasing substrates? Right now I'm using newspaper

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
The best substrate I've used for mine were slate tiles. They got to be a pain though because insects would crawl into the cracks and anytime he had to go to the bathroom it'd be right over where there was a little space between the tiles so it was a pain. Now I use a vinyl flooring that looks like tiles. Just be sure not to get one that is mold resistant or with the adhesive backing because it can give off toxic fumes when heated. For mine I just bought some Velcro strips and attached it along the edges. If you do go with vinyl flooring go for a textured one so the lizard can get a grip on it, otherwise they'll just be sliding around and running in place.

Nigelk8485

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2014
Louisville, KY
I don't have him yet. I wanted to set everything up first. I'll be getting him sometime this week or next week. This is where his new home will be

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Looks nice! Mine used to love his reptile hammock. Now his cage is wood though...and he's too fat. ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1415651866.020085.jpgImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1415651874.615313.jpg

There's his cage and the vinyl flooring I got.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store