Gar feeders

cnel124

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2013
Bangkok
Stay away from goldfish if you can, but if you can't they'll work. Just feed it any fish which can it can swallow, one of my baby Alligator gars died from choking on a guppy, he was very small.

lunker65

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2013
Virginia
I would start pellet training as soon as you can. I have had too many issues with feeder fish bringing in Pairisites and other unwanted things. Pellets insure a more balanced full spectrum diet. I feed mine Hikari food sticks. Not to mention there are places you can order from that they will be much cheaper in the long run than buying feeders all the time.

Sent from my SM-G900V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Wenzo0o0o0oo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2010
usa
I would start pellet training as soon as you can. I have had too many issues with feeder fish bringing in Pairisites and other unwanted things. Pellets insure a more balanced full spectrum diet. I feed mine Hikari food sticks. Not to mention there are places you can order from that they will be much cheaper in the long run than buying feeders all the time.

Cheaper hikari? Where? Price

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

lunker65

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2013
Virginia
I get mine from petmountain.com. a 17.5oz bag of the jumbo Carne sticks is 30 bucks. That bag lasts me at least a month usually almost two with two 15+ inch gar, a 18 inch bullhead, two coppernose bluegill one is almost a foot long, and 5 pumpkin seed blugill. It sounds expensive but with that stock I was buying 2.5 dozen feeders a week for them at about 15 bucks a week. For thee amount of time that one bag of this food lasts, I would be spending 90 bucks on feeders. Not to mention a few times I got anchor worms and the 100 bucks it cost per time to treat the tank.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

agra perera

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2014
sri lanka
No use of pellets all of my pellets vanish easyly after i feed my monsters

Sent from my Dialog i43 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com