Food options for large Jardini

Adam Sabz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2010
Buffalo, NY
I have a 2ft jar and am looking for some other feeding options for him. He currently eats jumbo carnisticks and frozen beef hart regularly. And goldfish feeders and mice for a snack maybe once a month. He currently doesn't care for the carnisticks, any other suggestions for a good staple for him? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Raw prawns/shrimp , whitebait , muscles , mealworms , earthworms
I never used live feeders firstly because of disease and secondly because its like fish crack once they start on them its hard to get them off (plus tankmates go missing more ;))
Ideally you want to try and get it onto quality pellets (carni sticks) as a staple and feed fresh as a treat maybe once weekly

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Have you tried starving him onto the pellet at all ? Sounds like your halfway there how often do you feed ?

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
If he's 2ft a few days won't do it , more like a week basically if he's eating them when he feels like it knowing there's a different food coming he'll wait , its just a case of who cracks first you or him lol ;):D he won't starve himself to death survival instinct will kick in and he'll eat the pellets before that happens

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
For some reason its only posted one page of the thread :banghead: you might have to search for the thread in search options

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store