Air bubbles/Filter

RayFanatic2014

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2014
Mount Prospect, Illinois
I noticed little air bubbles coming out of my FX6 filter. A friend of mine told me that I have an air leak somewhere. i opened up the filter and checked everything and replaced everything exactly the way it was. Still got tiny tiny air bubbles coming out. Anyone have any ideas???

Devzev

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2014
nyc/nj
If there was a hole then it would be leaking water somewhere. Unless its leaking into the fishtank. Maybe where the intake tube connects etc.

Let us know what happens. In case it happens to someone else

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

RayFanatic2014

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2014
Mount Prospect, Illinois
If there was a hole then it would be leaking water somewhere. Unless its leaking into the fishtank. Maybe where the intake tube connects etc.

Let us know what happens. In case it happens to someone else

It's been going on for about 5 days. I checked for water under the tank by the filter every day and so far no water leaking. I just ordered all new replacement parts like O-rings. As soon as I found out I will share.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Where abouts on the filter is the air coming from ? Tubes or main housing ?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Devzev

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2014
nyc/nj
One time. I didn't tighten one or two of the locknuts on top. The next morning i had a lot of clean up to do. Make sure knobs are very tight.
Why dont u call fluval/hagen tomoro. See what they suggest

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
Check that the rubber connector for the filter intake pipe is a couple inches below the water line.

Do you have any filter floss in the filter?

Do you have a prefilter on the intake strainer or is the intake strainer blocked by any debris?

lunker65

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2013
Virginia
I had this issue a while back with mine. Here are the things to check, make sure all your o rings are in good condition. Give them a good coating of plumbers grease to keep them moist. The hose clamps on the valve side are tight. The other end of the hose that is in the tank, be sure that the rubber boots are completely submerged. And the most common reason that it will spit out bubbles is either your filter media is clogged or you have to much media in the trays that it is restrictions the flow of water enough to cause pump cavitation. Not damaging cavitation but enough to create the bubbles that you are seeing.

Sent from my SM-G900V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

RayFanatic2014

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2014
Mount Prospect, Illinois
Sorry for not getting back earlier. I replaced all the O-Rings and it seems to have done the trick. I'm also trying these carbon pads I found online for the FX6. Thanks again for the tips everyone.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store