Who's eggs are these?

mudbuttjones

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2014
Wisconsin
uploadfromtaptalk1415593834371.jpg
Sorry for the terrible pic.

Ive got a lowtech densly planted 40b full of community fish.

Inhabitants are

2 small angel fish
8 zebra danios
2 bristle nose plecos
10ish albino cory cats

My temperature dipped a little low to about 70-72* while I was at work Saturday. It got really cold and the furnace was never on. Usually a temp swing is a good breeding que.

Ive got several small patches of eggs around the top trim mostly in corners.

Just curious who the breeding pair would be? Thought that's an unusual spot for spawning but im only familiar with successfully breeding mouth brooding cichlids.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

joe jaskot

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2011
Clifton, NJ
Most likely the corys. Angelfish lay their eggs on a plant leaf or other flat surface. Zebra danios are egg scatterers. Their eggs would be all over the bottom. Bristle nose ancistrus lay their eggs in caves. That leaves the corys as the breeders. A drop in water temperature is a trigger for corydoras to spawn.

mudbuttjones

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2014
Wisconsin
Cool, thanks for the tip.

Obviously the fry never hatched but im glad to know I can breed corys easily if I want to down the road.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

MoNsTeR FiS

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 5, 2014
USA
My angelfish [sold them a month ago] laid eggs on the top corners where the silicone sealed the glass.

BondsE

Feeder Fish
Nov 29, 2014
Sri Lanka
Most likely the corys. Angelfish lay their eggs on a plant leaf or other flat surface. Zebra danios are egg scatterers. Their eggs would be all over the bottom. Bristle nose ancistrus lay their eggs in caves. That leaves the corys as the breeders. A drop in water temperature is a trigger for corydoras to spawn.
Agree with you.

Oxymus

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2013
Freehold
Yep, it's cory. I got my cory julli lay their eggs last week, but it didn't last long cause other fishes wiped them all out :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store