Best foods?

denswins

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
Winnetka, CA
Ok, so here is my stock 1- silver arowana, 1 peacock bass (ocellaris?) 1 fire eel, 1 electric catfish, 1 black ghost knife fish, 1 ornate bichir. what would be the best foods to feed? besides pellet and flake, what types of frozen or live do you feed your predators? I have them on a strict diet of bloodworms and freeze dried and frozen krill. I wanted to expand their diet for optimal health

Chizzle

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2011
LV Golden Knights!
Ok, so here is my stock 1- silver arowana, 1 peacock bass (ocellaris?) 1 fire eel, 1 electric catfish, 1 black ghost knife fish, 1 ornate bichir. what would be the best foods to feed? besides pellet and flake, what types of frozen or live do you feed your predators? I have them on a strict diet of bloodworms and freeze dried and frozen krill. I wanted to expand their diet for optimal health
bloodworms have poor nutritional value, get them on pellets asap. then supplement their diet with other foods like tilapia fillet, peeled market shrimp, etc

Sent from my SM-N910T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Heretik

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2013
The Great White North
White fish from the supermarket

Also new life spectrum or hikari carnisticks is much better than bloodworms which have low nutritional value like mentioned.
Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

denswins

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
Winnetka, CA
the problem is my fire eel he is too small to eat anything but bloodworms and i don't recall anyone successfully pellet training them

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
While not always easy, fire eels can be trained to take pellets. A friend of mine had his eating NLS. Just start with small pellets and go from there.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
If you're going to go that route, one might as well simply feed a variety of fresh/frozen, such as some of what has already been metioned (tilapia, whitefish, shrimp) and presoak in a liquid vitamin supplement such as Boyd Vitachem.

denswins

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
Winnetka, CA
yesterday i tried white fish filets and my peacock bass ate it all and his stomach was so full i was afraid to put anymore food in and the rest nobody touched so thats a no

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store