Feeding a new ray - little help?

ukgoffer

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 3, 2012
Westport, CT
I've got a young male motoro. Nice and fat but I'm not sure that he is eating well. Explores everything - krill (thawed, not dried), blood worms, earthworms - but I'm not sure he s eating. Krill looks is all chewed up but he leaves it in pieces (legs/head - maybe he is eating the belly?). Can't get live black worms until Thursday. Is this typical? Any tips? Not interested in silver sides at all. Happy to take food from my fingers.

ukgoffer

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 3, 2012
Westport, CT
I've cut up night crawlers into half inch sections and tried one at a time - he explores but leaves them whole. Doesn't seem interested in massivore either

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
How big is he? What did the seller say he was eating? Try cutting the food up even smaller. 1/3 the size of his mouth whatever that is.

Sent from the Monster Fish Keeping App

ukgoffer

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 3, 2012
Westport, CT
Not that young - disk is just under 5". Was feeding krill while I was there but hard to tell if they were actually eating. I'll have to PM him to find out how the others are eating. Was only in the shop for a few days.

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Not that young at 5 inches. He sure is a young pup at that size.

Offer chopped worms, small pieces morning and night and krill as well if that is what he was eating. Get him eating well then work with other foods. Pics would help us determine if he looks well or not and how worried you should be.

Not that young - disk is just under 5". Was feeding krill while I was there but hard to tell if they were actually eating. I'll have to PM him to find out how the others are eating. Was only in the shop for a few days.

Sent from the Monster Fish Keeping App

ukgoffer

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 3, 2012
Westport, CT
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
Here are a few pics of my ray and a photo bomb from a young pbass (who is being tormented by a young Australian Jardini!)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store