Lakos Twist II Clean

j_blanton

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2014
Kings Mills, Ohio
Has anyone had any experience with this product... I am setting up a new large sting ray build and I am concerned about the water quality I have....I don't like drinking it, I cant imagine they will like living in it...

http://www.twistiiclean.com/index.html

I found this while researching 3 stage HMA filters...I will be installing a continuous drip system. I am having trouble locating a place to buy an HMA filter In the US.

If you are interested in the build you can follow it here...

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?594786-Large-Custom-Build

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
While I haven't checked out your build thread yet, the Lakos Twist II Clean filter is safe for potable water and uses a stainless steel screen to catch debris. It is what is commonly called a spin down filter and is used to remove larger debris prior to the traditional filter cartridge type filter. It is mostly used to trap sand particles that may be in well water supplied homes.

Hope this helps.

flukekiller

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 2, 2014
gloucester, va 23061
i would not use that to remove heavy metals. that sort of makes me think that you would use it as a prefilter to your HMA unit.
there are a few places in the UK that ship to the US if you want an HMA or just buy an RO unit and bypass the RO part.HMA filter
is the same as RO unit without the RO part.

j_blanton

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2014
Kings Mills, Ohio
Thanks for the info...did not know that....

This product is strictly or sediment filtering... so my thought was if use this and run the drip directy into my tower filter prior to the sump and the first part of my tower is activated carbon media , do I not accomplish what I need for the introduction of the tap water??

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
What is your tap water source? For example, private well, cistern, city supplied water, etc.

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
Thanks. Unless you are currently noticing particulates in your tap water, I don't see what purpose the spin down unit would serve. You may be better off installing a large whole house water filter between the source (tap) water and the drip line output. The use of a 30 micron pleated polyester filter cartridge should work just fine for filtering the tap water.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store