Fish tank ADD want to restock 180 gal

tavydown

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2012
boston
We have all been there before, I am looking to restock my 180 gallon, I would like the house a jardini arowana as the main piece and potentially a clown knife. What do you all think. Give me some good ideas here, pictures of your monsters if you will? Appreciate all the help

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
We have all been there before, I am looking to restock my 180 gallon, I would like the house a jardini arowana as the main piece and potentially a clown knife. What do you all think. Give me some good ideas here, pictures of your monsters if you will? Appreciate all the help
Clown knife would get to large imo. And s jardini will terrorize the tank 90% of the time unless you get lucky. So I would just keep one jardini and maybe a few dithers if you go that route.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

tavydown

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2012
boston
i want the clown to get big, hell never be able to take out the jardini and i dont think they would even bother with each other. Anyone else have any experience out there or any other ideas to go a different route?

johnnytaboo

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 4, 2005
MD, DC, VA
I've looked into Jar's several times, and while the overall theme seems to be "When he hits 12", he becomes a homicidal maniac" - there are still many who say it depends on the individual fish. If you had a mellow jar, you might be able to pull off the combo, but you won't know until it may be too late for the Knife.

I had an 18" CK and he was one of the most mellow fish I've ever owned. Fun to feed, and a very fast grower, but not an aggressive fish with any of his tank mates.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store