Laziest fish ever?

TimnKasey

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2014
Norman, OK
I have a spotted Raphael cat tjat we got from the lfs a few months ago. We were told he was 25yrs old, and brought in by a guy getting out of the hobby.

This fish never moves! Ever! Hes attached himself to hidden spot in our drift wood piece and has been there since we got him. I even reached in once and made sure he was alive.

Anyone else have incredibly lazy fish?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Lambrakopoulos

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2009
USA
as normal as it gets for these cats, try different lighting it might help.

also you have pics of this 25 year old beast?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

TimnKasey

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2014
Norman, OK
Umm I can TRY to get some. Hes in an awkward place in the wood, and I dont like messing with him honestly. I'm happy to keep him happy and healthy for as long as he keeps going! If nothing else ill be doing a large water change soon and he will have to rmove down the wood to stay in watwr- ill get one then!

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
Haha as I opened this thread I had a feeling it would be about Raphael's, mine hid for 8 years straight; it was quite impressive if annoying.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Mudfrog

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2005
VA
All but two of my past Rapheals had hid like this. The two that didn't were absolute pigs. I can't even describe how fat they were in relation to their 5" length. As soon as food hit the floor they were out in the open stuffing themselves.

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
Btw he won't move even if you take his ornament out of the water, they just extend and lock their pectoral fins and start croaking.

Binge

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2014
Ohio
I have a clown pleco that claimed a hole in the driftwood in his tank. Have owned him 2 years and seen him 3 times.

TimnKasey

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2014
Norman, OK
All but two of my past Rapheals had hid like this. The two that didn't were absolute pigs. I can't even describe how fat they were in relation to their 5" length. As soon as food hit the floor they were out in the open stuffing themselves.
We have 2 striped Raphaels too that act the same way! They hide until foods out, they fight other swimmer fish for flakes even!

TimnKasey

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2014
Norman, OK
Btw he won't move even if you take his ornament out of the water, they just extend and lock their pectoral fins and start croaking.

he'll croak? Well thats awesome, ha! Ive never had one do that! Last time we dropped it real low he let go and hid under wood, then went right back to his little claimed area! Id love to hear/see that!

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
For me it was a tie between a clown pleco and a striped Raphael. Zebra plecos were third on the list.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store