Feeding My Black Arowana

Jtruong

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2013
Boston
diet mainly on raw market shrimp, occasional crickets and hikari sticks. had it since an inch big and now my prize fish! proud of her :nilly:

[video=youtube_share;oY38qrmXpjI]http://youtu.be/oY38qrmXpjI[/video]

ReisAntonio

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 10, 2012
Lisbon
Really nice arowana, If I were you I would put some substrate possible sand (better looking) in the bottom just to avoid possibility of drop eye. Im telling you this because unfortunately happened to mine.

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
Really nice arowana, If I were you I would put some substrate possible sand (better looking) in the bottom just to avoid possibility of drop eye. Im telling you this because unfortunately happened to mine.
Your arowana getting DE has nothing to do with the tank being bare bottom.

Malte81

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2014
Germany
How big is the tank ?
I love to see Arowanas swim.
When they have to turn after one or two seconds it doesnt look good.
But she looks good and healthy !

Jtruong

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2013
Boston
I like to keep my tank bare bottom so the tank stays clean and water at tip top shape and plus i wouldnt like to clean the substrate. Too much work i rather have a nice and healthy looking fish haha.

Jtruong

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2013
Boston
How big is the tank ?
I love to see Arowanas swim.
When they have to turn after one or two seconds it doesnt look good.
But she looks good and healthy !
i know! unfortunately its a 4ft tank but i will upgrade to 6ft soon ! i have limited space but i did add extra flow for current and plenty of bubbles. no worries!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store