Greeting from PA

Face021

Feeder Fish
Nov 13, 2014
PA
Hey there everyone. I am from Boyertown, PA, and I am new to the site and getting used to the setup. I was brought here due to an overflow of fish in my current 75G freshwater cichlid tank. I started with a Jack Dempsey, 2 black convicts, 2 High fin cats, and a large black shark. There are some more on that list but I digress. The overflow happened with the convicts, they exploded in population and I am looking for a place that I can give / trade with confidence. Along with ever improving my tank I just want to be a part of a community that I can get and give help/advice back and forth. I have a recent video of my 75g tank, let me know if it is decent or if I need to do an overhaul? I currently have a 20gallong Guppy tank, 10 Gallon Fiddler crab tank, 75gallong Aggressive freshwater, and a 2.5 gallon shrimp tank. [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubhvReCuxAs&feature=youtu.be[/YT] Thanks for reading, Hope you like the Video.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Greetings from Philly and your tank has some interesting decor.It does not appear to be overcrowded to me,what filtration are you running?

Face021

Feeder Fish
Nov 13, 2014
PA
I have a Marineland 400 and 250 on it. About 130 gallons worth of filtration and then I have a hurricane head that arcs up toward the surface of the water. I do worry about the now 30+ young Black Convicts getting larger and taking over the whole tank. I recently purchased a Filstar xp xl canister filter to make the cleaning a bit easier on me, but it is still in the mail.

Face021

Feeder Fish
Nov 13, 2014
PA
The snow here was most unexpected yesterday. It kept me from my project of trying to lower my water level enough to catch all the baby convicts in my tank. My hope was to try and Take them to a local shop and trade or sell for some food or possible a nice looking red severum. I do plan to get the large 16in black shark and 30+ baby convicts traded or sold soon, then add egg crate to the bottom of my tank and do a nice rock display to accommodate the cichlids better. I will miss the heck out of my shark though.

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY
Welcome! I am a PA wannabe but I line in NY oh well, I head out the Erie area as much as possible :) I have the same problem with my cons. Good luck catching them those thing they are fast. I tried using them as feeders in my main tank and all but a few have survived in the main tank. So I had to net them out one by one and dispose of them. No fish store will take them as almost everyone that has a pair of cons has the same problem. I still have 6 in my main tank that I have given up on for a while. I got rid of the female to stop the explosion.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I'm a little surprised that the other fish haven't eaten the baby convicts.You could try catching th late in the night after the lights have been off for a while,they should be easy to catch then.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store