Tank headaches

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
How do you guys get a good bargain?

Currently tank hunting, either a corner tank or rectangle; but once you get above standard 55 size, the prices rise exponentially :(

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Can call posts on craigkists and see if they can be bargained. Find some garage sales locally and cross ur fingers. Can call ur local fish clubs and talk to members. They got lots of tanks they and usually willing to downsize. Some lfs are willing to part with them too. Can always buy some custom built koi ponds with a front window panel. Seen those on the net. If that's not working for u then maybe build one and post in the DIY forum. If all else fails save enough money. Sorry if these are obvious answers.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
I agree, its all about paying attention to it through the day, weeks. search it in the morning after 10, again at noon, again early after noon and in the evening. Thursday evening through sat evening is when to look hardest. this not set in stone as i got my 180, 200 bucks, hard wired stand, all plumbing and to 2 pumps. on a Monday morning and jumping on it.

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
My friend owns a fish store and the price he gives me is wholesale plus shipping, great guy :). Said he could get me a new 180 for around $240.

Keister

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2012
Hummelstown, Pennsylvania
I hunted around a lot on Craigslist. Every day multiple times a day, in 14 different cities. I found that if you word your search differently you find different posts. Like I found my 220 with stand fx5, glass tops, heater, t5 light for $550. I found that by searching "220 gallon" I found tanks under searches like 220 gal, 220 gallon aquarium, large aquarium, fish tank, 220 gallon fishtank, 220 gal fish tank, ect. Like it took me a couple hours to get through all my possible search titles. So try wording things differently it certainly helps!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
Got a used 90 gal corner for what would be equivalent 350 dollars in america. Tanks are super expensive here, this one needs some work too

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

reptilerescued

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2014
nepa
https://scranton.craigslist.org/search/sss?query=fish&sort=rel
230 gallon fish tank includes new Danner air pump, Fruvel filter system, new hvdor automatic feeder, Laguna UV sterilizer, 2 surface skimmers, many extras and accesories.

I know it's not anywhere near you but the above link is near me and just popped up today. (wasn't there this morning when I looked)
Yes check 2x a day minimum for anything you want when it comes to ebay or craigs list here in the states.

All I type in is "tank" minus the quotes. all fish tanks and other types of tanks come up.

When you check 2x a day it takes about 30 seconds to go through your search since you are only looking at the newest ones.

Rich

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store