exodon paradoxus Tank mates?

CanadianKeeper

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2012
Ontario
Ive just picked up 12 of this guys ! God they don't stop ! Awesome fish!

Im wondering my source said they do well with bottom dwelling cat fish. Any others with experience ? He had them in with Cory cats, seemed fine.

Most sources say its a species only tank kind of fish though. Have them in a 55 gallon.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Plecos and armored cars do ok. Anything about the same size with fins may die from being picked on. Larger fish get confused by the group mentality and get picked on. Keep the corys as a trial and see how they do.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
I'd maybe try an Ancistrus and see how it goes, they seem to be some of the hardiest armored cats out there. Corys may work but I personally wouldn't try it.

CanadianKeeper

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2012
Ontario
Blah, plecos. I have never had a spot for them in my tanks. Don't know why. Really just not a fan ! Going to leave it just to the ex's till I get a bit more wood and live plants going in there. Its pretty much a bare tank right now. 2 fist size rocks and a fake plant.... Got the tank for a steal. Came with everything... Nice stand and the tank are all I kept though. Threw the rest out, pet smart special crap. Light was junk, covers crap, filter Frankenstein from 3 put into one. Tank never cleaned... So I got tank and stand basically for 100, put 200 more into it with light, glass top, filter, black sand. Then the group of 12 rand me 80 bones (good deal id like to think)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store