BEARDY ENCLOSURE

JOSCAR05

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2011
California
hey mfk. i need idead on how to build my bearded dragon a 2ft wide 4ft long 3 ft tall enclosure. i can build. i just need good structure and stability. anyone want to show pics of their builds would be great.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

fishguy306

Peacock Bass
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2005
Illinois
Why so tall for a bearded dragon? I was under the impression that they climb a little, but nothing more than a branch would solve. You'd be much better going 4x3x2 instead if you have the room. For something that size I would go with 3/4" plywood. I did something similar for my boa, it is 6x2x2. Then I put sliding glass on the front, 1/4" tempered. I stained mine then used something to clearcoat the inside, I cant remember the name of it. It creates a waterproof layer though. I have also seen the inside tiled before.

JOSCAR05

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2011
California
i only want it high so it can cover up a hole in the wall lol. but yea i was thinkin about glass as well but thatll just be too much extra work and i dont want to buy the glass and cut it. id rather do with all wood. ive got a couple of ideas from other projects ive seen and im takin them all in

JOSCAR05

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2011
California
ive seen those kind of enclosures and there cool and all but id like to see him from above. you kno a personal preference.

ukgoffer

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 3, 2012
Westport, CT
Sounds cool. My beardy has a 3ft x 20" breader tank and doesn't ever use all of it. In the summer months she hangs out in a 30ft porch but never leaves a perch in the corner. Maybe because she is almost 10. Very cool pets but not the most mobile. My tortoise cruises around a lot more than she does!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store