Where to buy Peacocks in SoCal

GT92

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2012
SoCal
Hey everyone haven't been on for a while now. For a while I didn't have a tank setup cuz I bought a dog thinking it wouldn't allow me enough time to do both so I put my flower horn project to bed but hey I'm back now! I'm currently setting up a peacock my water is almost done cycling and I was wondering if anybody had good recommendations where to get good-show quality peacocks in SoCal? I've been to Strictly Fish in Lakewood(I live in Whittier so its not too bad a drive) and they've got some of the nicest I've seen but they're always sold and they bring few in quantity and quality. So let me know if you guys/gals have any recommendations. Thanks in advance!!!:)

kiupuriash

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2014
paramount
You should check out Tiki's tropical fish in Bellflower which is really close to you as well. They have an ok selection of peacocks. Sometimes some really good ones. There is also Jim's tropical fish in El Segundo that carries a huge African cichlid selection. Give em a call first. I created a list of local fish stores around this area.

http://www.yelp.com/list/local-fish-stores-in-la-oc-lakewood
I would stay away from tikis...

Sent from my SGH-M919 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Oxymus

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2013
Freehold
Tong's Tropical fish in Fountain Valley (he can get whatever fish that legally in Cali for you with reasonable price), He's got another store on Beach BLVD toward LA County (I don't remember the City that store location). There is another Chinese store selling exotic fish in Westminster too but I don't recommend you to that place cause most of the fishes are in poor condition and in bad shape due to long term starvation.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store