Tools for Big Tanks?

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
My 1st tank--125 gallon

My new tank--540 gallon

I need tbe right tools -- what better place to ask?

My tank's 44 inches wide -- what long handle brush do u use--I need?

My tank is acrylic 3/4 inch wide -- what's a quality magnetic scraper that won't scratch?

What about tongs/grabbers?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
Question: My tank's 44 inches wide -- what long handle brush do u use--I need?

Answer: im assuming you mean to cleanean the glass and have a handle to attach a cloth pad to? Here is my answer as best i can help you. You can go to your local hardware stores and buy those hardwood floor mop/polisher handles and use the hardwood soft pads to clean the sides of your tank. Make sure you get the ones with NO chemicals already on the pad

Question: My tank is acrylic 3/4 inch wide -- what's a quality magnetic scraper that won't scratch?

Answer: I kind of answered with the previous answer. You can use a hardwood cloth dusting pad with NO chemicals. Magnetic cleaners will almost always scratch the tank at one point or another. Sorry to say.

Question: What about tongs/grabbers?

Answer:you can use the grabbers like they use to clean up trash in parks. You can even get a cheep plastic version at the dollar store they work very well. Make sure not to get a metal one. They are like grabbers used to pick up trash off the ground.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
You the man! I was lookin at auto zone for brushes to clean vans, havin no luck. LFS is NO help. THANKS!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

pacu mom

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2006
northern CA
I really like this car wash brush found in the automotive section of WalMart. The bristles are soft, and the brush head has rubber all around, so there is no danger of causing damage to the acrylic. The brush works really well in removing algae from tank seams and surfaces.

My big tank is not set up yet, but I plan to use a brush like this with an extendable handle. By standing on a platform behind the tank, I should be able to reach everywhere in the tank, and hopefully, won't have to get in the tank to clean it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store