What food brings out the best color in your fish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

asm129

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2009
Cafe Lu
I went to an LFS today and the owner said I could bring out the colors more in my red head geophagus cichlids by giving them Tetra Color Bits.

Anyone use this food? How well does it bring out the colors in your fish?

Or what food would you recommend to bring out the colors in your fish?

Allan01230

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2006
Michigan
I used that food before and its okay. However I am a fan of NLS as it really brought out the red and green to my school of denison barbs.

wrslrcichlid

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2011
Battle Creek, MI
I have had wonderful results with NLS, and it is my number one choice. I also have had good results with Omega One and Hikari products, but NLS is my staple.

joe jaskot

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2011
Clifton, NJ
Sprinkle some paprika on your fish food. It will bring out the reds. Any food with carotene in it will improve the yellow, orange, and red colors of fish.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Sprinkle some paprika on your fish food. It will bring out the reds.
ha-ha-ha That is so old school, Joe. It barely worked back in the day, and today is a joke compared to some of the various forms & levels of natural (and synthetic) astaxanthin found in todays commercial fish foods.

Tetra Color Bits will work, no question about that, I personally just find the ingredients to be poor. (too much terrestrial based carbohydrates) Stick with a more quality diet such as NLS and you'll be happy with the results. Check out Aquaneros Orange Head Tapajos for coloration, he feeds NLS TherA to his geos.

importracer

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2005
NorthernCalifornia
LOcal Asian supermarkets sell frozen food............Popcorn shrimp, krill, silversides, sardines, silverfish, and shrimp of all sizes..................$20 dollars worth of this stuff literally can feed a monster tank for a month..........Breeding your own feeders also saves money...........COnvict cihlids, guppies, swordtails, mollies are popular feeder breeder............The convict cichlid can be bred 3x's a month.......Twice a month is reasonable.............Each spawn will hatch out between 80-300 fry............A separate tank(20-55g) is best in raising the fry separately......................

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
Or Xtreme.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com