Filtration for 360 gal 96 x 24 x 36

zoobug

Feeder Fish
Nov 16, 2014
Colorado
Hello, I'm getting ready to go for doing a 360 gallon planted discus tank. The biggest I've had is 55 gallon tanks with canister and hob filters. From what I've read, it sounds like a sump system is the way to go. I would appreciate any advice regarding the most simple and easily maintained system. I am currently building the stand and was wondering if I should account for any bowing of the acrylic. The dimensions I'm planning to get are 96 x 24 x 36. I've always liked having mirrors on the back of the tanks I've had. Any recommendation for a builder of the acrylic tank itself would be greatly appreciated. I figured I would do a center overflow and have mirrors for backing on either side. I thought I'd put it right against the wall but wonder if I should leave 5 inches just in case I need anything hanging down the back. I have tons of ideas and questions but would love any advice I can get. I'm in rural Colorado and the local pet store doesn't do more than 180 gal. setups. I tried contacting a guy in Colorado springs to build the whole thing but haven't heard back. Thanks in advance for any advice!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store