powerheads for a 180 polypterus tank

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
Hey guys! Im looking to pick up some powerheads for my 180g planted polypterus tank. My params have been perfect since day one, but I have a few dead zones so far as circulation goes.

Any recommended products? Im looking to spend less than $100usd or somewhere near that for a complete circulation system.

Polys arent fond of intense flow, please keep that in mind. Just looking for something that wont break in 5 months, and wont stress my tank. The polys rankge from 6"-11" presently, but are growing quick :)

Thanks!

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
Something quiet would also be nice.

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
I never saw a noisy powerhead that wasn't defective. Better than powerheads try circulation pumps. I use the ones from JBJ. They mount with magnets so you don't have to worry about suction cups that get hard and need replaced. These have a giant face moving water instead of a nozzle so they spread the current over a wider area.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
I'm a fan of koralias and since you're just looking to get some movement in that dead zone, you don't need a huge 1. Something interesting is that all my bichirs seem to LOVE the strong current from the 2 powerheads in their tank. I have 1 that points towards the floor for the Goonch and 1 that blows across the top. All of mine will swim against the current in front of the bottom facing 1 and when they get tired they just pull off to the side outta the way.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
Right on, thanks guys. What gbh shpuld I get? Was tbinking about getting a pair of koralina evolution 850s.

henria86

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2009
Big City...
I use wp-25 jebao on my 120 in Else Mod which is random pluses
no dead spots at all n it have light sensor to lower the speed when the lights are off

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store