what is/are the best cheap fish in ure lfs !

flowerhornfishman

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2013
Malaysia
ive seen some crazy prizes online but when i came to my lfs, the price is 2-4times lower .. lol my lfs sell redtail catfish for about $7, shovelnose catfish $5, endlicheri $7, black ghost knife fish $2, red tail giant gourami $8 and much more.. what bout you guys? any of your lfs sell vry cheap fish? list them out :D

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
At one of my lfs they had
RTC for $8
3 inch Endlicheri for $19.00 or 2 for $25
8 inch Silver arowana for $20
6 inch fire eels for $4
Gold oscars for $9
Little Blue lobsters for $10
And thats about all I can think of right now. I'm sure they have had better deals I just can't recall.
This thread is a nice idea and all but I'm sure someone or some people will lie about their LFS deals so i dont know how accurate this will turn out for ya in the end. But nice idea nonetheless :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

letstalkfish

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 12, 2013
Nomad
I'm not sure on all of the prices listed, but the two LFS I frequent have:

3"-5" RTC for anywhere from $25-40
Never seen an Endlicheri at either of them, but you can expect to pay over 30 for anything other than senegals
Silver aro's under 10" $70
Fire eels $25
And those blue lobsters... $30. I often wonder if they sell any of those. Does anyone own one or feel compelled? Not me.

They're both pretty high, but its what I have access to.

vr6fan

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2010
Waukesha, WI
I'm not sure on all of the prices listed, but the two LFS I frequent have:

3"-5" RTC for anywhere from $25-40
Never seen an Endlicheri at either of them, but you can expect to pay over 30 for anything other than senegals
Silver aro's under 10" $70
Fire eels $25
And those blue lobsters... $30. I often wonder if they sell any of those. Does anyone own one or feel compelled? Not me.

They're both pretty high, but its what I have access to.
They are actually crayfish not lobsters

Sent from my SCH-I545 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
The prices listed in the first post are very good..almost like wholesale lol.I have never seen any of those fish priced so cheaply and the lowest priced RTC that I have seen was thirty bucks for a near three incher.
I haven't been to any shops in a while though....I gace been to PetSmart but they don't count.

fishnatics

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2008
Wisconsin
ive seen some crazy prizes online but when i came to my lfs, the price is 2-4times lower .. lol my lfs sell redtail catfish for about $7, shovelnose catfish $5, endlicheri $7, black ghost knife fish $2, red tail giant gourami $8 and much more.. what bout you guys? any of your lfs sell vry cheap fish? list them out :D
Those are some crazy low prices! If my LFS sold fish that cheap they would be out of business.

jclyde13

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2009
Louisville, KY
Apparently, the best deals I've ever gotten were my $20 tire track eel and my $40 silver arowana, because now it seems that they're both going for up to 3-4x those prices, in my area. Over the past 5 years, I've noticed that TT eels and fire eels have gone from being $16-30 to being $40-80, and silver arowanas have gone from being $20-40 to being $60-100.

We don't seem to get many good deals in Kentucky though, relative to elsewhere in the US. I thought the $80 I spent for my flagtail at about 8" wasn't bad at all, but other than that, I think I've always paid either at or above average prices for my fish.

flowerhornfishman

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2013
Malaysia
At one of my lfs they had
RTC for $8
3 inch Endlicheri for $19.00 or 2 for $25
8 inch Silver arowana for $20
6 inch fire eels for $4
Gold oscars for $9
Little Blue lobsters for $10
And thats about all I can think of right now. I'm sure they have had better deals I just can't recall.
This thread is a nice idea and all but I'm sure someone or some people will lie about their LFS deals so i dont know how accurate this will turn out for ya in the end. But nice idea nonetheless :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
wow ! tht's quite cheap man.. but those crayfish u meant i can get about $3 haha and yeah, oscars i can get about $3 as well haha the prices tht ive listed is all on one lfs.. ive been to a few lfs but nver get close as cheap as to what ive mentioned...
and yeah thanks, for the compliment.. boredom made me think of it haha

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store