5" Ruby Red Spilo Piranha (Rare and Very Aggressive) P/U in Northern NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

DmartinRhom

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2014
Essex County, NJ
I am putting my 5" Ruby Red Spilo Piranha up for sale. This is a true ruby red spilopleura, though many refer to them as macs these days as well.

This rare piranha has amazing coloration - vivid orange and yellow tones, and is extremely aggressive. He will literally come to the top of the tank during feeding times and take fish/shrimp right from my hands (very dangerous thing to do obviously but amazing to watch). This is probably the most aggressive fish I have ever owned and I've been keeping them for almost 20 years.

The only reason I am selling him is because he is currently in a divided tank with a Rhom and they have both been too aggressive to keep them this way. They are both constantly posturing at the divider and, although they both seem perfectly happy doing it and not stressed in the least, I rather remove the divider and give the bigger fish (the Rhom) the whole tank to himself.

I would like to place him with someone who will appreciate him as much as we have and will home him in a reasonable size tank (this fish is VERY active and fun to watch so even if he goes solo into a 75gal it would be a great tank). He will eat as much as you will feed him so you should be careful to not overfeed - I have fed him shrimp and frozen silver sides almost exclusively, with home grown live feeders ever few weeks. I will admit there was one night when I decided to add 20 very small neons to the tank, thinking they would be too small for him to care about, and we watched as he systematically hunted every last one of them down over the course of a few hours. To emphasis, this guy will absolutely not tolerate any other fish in his tank.

I am asking $100 and would prefer he is picked up. I can also meet half way if you are far.

Pictures are of the actual fish for sale.

Thanks,
Dave

p2.jpg

p3.jpg

p4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store