Dolphin Ampmaster Pumps

jandb

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 18, 2009
Lewis Center, OH
I tank I'm buying comes with a used ampmaster pump. I don't have any details on model or anything yet but does anyone have any experience with these? What do you think?

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
I have looked at specs on Dolphin pumps in the past. I think they were power hungry.

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
The 3Ks with the Baldor motors are almost as efficient as Darts, but get up to the higher flowing models and they can draw as much as 5-6 amps. Will all depend on model.....

The one I have I had to send in and have a seal put in but I bought it used and has been in service for 10+ years now. Very reliable pumps in my opinion, and the smaller ones are efficient enough to rival most pumps out there.

jandb

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 18, 2009
Lewis Center, OH
The 3Ks with the Baldor motors are almost as efficient as Darts, but get up to the higher flowing models and they can draw as much as 5-6 amps. Will all depend on model.....

The one I have I had to send in and have a seal put in but I bought it used and has been in service for 10+ years now. Very reliable pumps in my opinion, and the smaller ones are efficient enough to rival most pumps out there.
Thanks. Sounds good. I believe it's the 300 series. I don't have it in my possession yet.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store