My Summer Internship Restoring Endangered Salmonid Habitat in Marin County

Arowana1

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2008
California Motherlode Area
Hi Everyone

With the issue of threatened ecosystems and endangered species I figured I post some of the highlights of my summer internship with SPAWN (Salmon Protection and Watershed Network) and TIRN this summer on the Lagunitas watershed in Marin County California. This watershed has the largest run of state listed endangered Coho Salmon (Oncorhynchus kisutch) in the state of California and another state listed endangered run of Steelhead Trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss). I was the Co-Manager of the programs native plant nursery and gardens.

This is a picture/photo of one of the I shade houses I managed. These native plants were a key part of all the restorations.

VUYLyD.jpg

This is a picture/photo of the restoration on the McIsaac Ranch.

XDwSK6.jpg

This is some pictures of the restoration on Larson Creek on the San Geronimo Golf Course.

4QnfHK.jpg

YE8W1Z.jpg

6CUEfX.jpg

SJ01ui.jpg

yl8fdA.jpg

Restorations such as these are required elsewhere for many endangered species and ecosystems through out the world.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

VUYLyD.jpg

XDwSK6.jpg

4QnfHK.jpg

YE8W1Z.jpg

6CUEfX.jpg

SJ01ui.jpg

yl8fdA.jpg

Arowana1

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2008
Sounds like you had and interesting, fun summer.
It was a good experience. I most definitely was not a fun. It was an important experience and I am extremely glad I went through with it and did it.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Arowana1

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2008
Such a big effort. I'm looking forward to updates on the progress and successes of the project. Nice job, Mr. Rich!
A big thanks Oddball!!

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
Nice. Takes lots of work to undo years of human intervention.

Arowana1

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2008

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I wouldn't mind getting in on something like this and helping out if I had the spare time to do so.

Arowana1

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2008
I wouldn't mind getting in on something like this and helping out if I had the spare time to do so.
krichardson

If there is a conservation program in your area you should talk with them. SPAWN the non profit I had my internship with had many opportunities to volunteer and lend a hand with their restoration programs.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store