Need focus for my aquariums

Quo Vadis

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2014
Wisconsin
Recently I have had a fairly devastating couple weeks in this hobby. I accidentally used the same water change hose between my quarantine tank and my two biggest display tanks giving them ich. This wasn't the biggest deal, but in my 155g tank this turned into some sort of nasty fungus/bacterial infection that almost entirely wiped out some of my rare fish/growout fish. I lost my baby Uarus, baby peacock bass, all my Paretroplus babies, a rare white Oscar baby, a Nic, a decent size fire eel, two elephant nose fish, and my male of my pair of rare Pelmatochromis ocellifer. Only have four fish left in the tank. I have literally never, in all my years in the hobby dealt with a infection this aggressive in FW.

But anyway the stress of that has further reminded me that I need to have more focus in this hobby once I get my 700g up and going. I currently have 7 tanks, and am building my "monster" 700g tank. So a lot of my fish will go in there - but I have some many odds and ends of fish that I need to pare down on - the fish that cannot go in the big tank (too small to be with the big fish). I am including fish all the fish that can't go in the 700g on this list (not including SW and my native darter tank). I would love for people to weigh in and help me decide which fish to keep, and which to get rid of. Everyone that I don't put in the 700g I would like to divide between the 155g and a 90g tank (sharing a 55g sump) or maybe just keep one tank. At this point I do not care if they are a biotope correct or not. I have starred the fish I for sure do not want to get rid of. The problem is I actually like most the fish on the list, so I don't know how to narrow it down other than a couple obvious ones. (Some of the fish I have more of are juvies that are still quite small)

*2 Elephantnose fish
*1 Mastcembelus liberiensis
*3 Ropefish
*1 Dwarf Giraffe catfish
*4 Orange spot Acaras
*1 blue acara
1 Guinacara Stergosi (only one at LFS when I bought it)
*2 Keyhole cichlids
*2 'Geophagus' Steiny (m/f - get along very well wasn't able to find more females)
5 Biotidoma cupido
*1 Satanaperca leucostictsa (I want more)
1 Firemouth
*1 Thorichthys passiones
*1 Sajica
1 Convict
*1 Flier cichlid
12 Bronze cories
A few otos and BN plecos
1 Circumcintus eel
7 Botia striata and histronica
5 Pearl gouramis
5 Mystus bimactulatus
6 Kuhli loaches
6 Spilurus cichlids
7 Cichlasoma dimerus (would these be ok in a heated tank - I have heard they would unlike the red ceibals)
3 Australaheros oblongum (Ditto above?)
5 Gymnogeophgus 'neon blue' and Australaheros 'red ceibal' (may give these to my dad for his unheated tank at his school, and put them in my pond in the summer)
Some random tetras and barbs

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store