Fed up with multiple tanks!

Jhncf

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2014
Scotland
I currently have 7 tanks up and running with my 260 being delivered on the 29th of this month. I feel that I just don't have time to enjoy them all and it has become stressfull maintaining them all, most just have food dropped in and a water change weekly without me every really paying any attention to the fish. I've decided that once I have my 260 up and running i'm going to sell off every other tank apart from my betta tank (had this little guy for a couple of years now) and focus on the 260. I remember how much I enjoyed having just my 90, would always be messing around with it, water changes every couple of days etc and could sit back and watch it for ages. I really can't wait to sell off all of my other tanks and enjoy fishkeeping properly again :)

Racersk

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
Covington
I feel your pain friend. I'm at 6 myself, but all but one (35hex) are in my garage, aka:manland. having a group of tanks in one room make things much easier.

Glad your able to go with the large tank option, I wish I could swing that.

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
This happened to me. When I had 26 tanks I was spending 4 hours per day cleaning them. I got burned out. 19 years later, I now only have 1 tank(and 1 mini pond) and feel more relaxed.

importracer

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2005
NorthernCalifornia
Fish room..........Large ranking, shelving tanks...............Small tank on the size for feeders, live feed(mice,mealworm,crickets)...............Then, personally, I save the boxes of the filters and staple it to the wall.........

fishnatics

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2008
Wisconsin
I once had about 10 tanks running and like you said, it became a chore and was not fun anymore. Sold all of them and now I have just a 125 gallon and a fry tank only. It's so much more relaxing and enjoyable.

joe jaskot

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2011
Clifton, NJ
After 30+ years I am down to about 30 something tanks and two small outdoor ponds. All the tanks are lightly stocked. Like the OP, I just drop food in the tanks. Hard to enjoy keeping fish anymore. Love the people I have met in the hobby. That is what keeps me going.

INTHECOWBOYSWETRUST

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2013
TOLEDO OHIO
7 tanks... Wow lucky you, I wish I only had 7 to worry about!! I'm at 17 right now and getting ready to set up 2 more in the next week or so!!! but I still enjoy them as much if not more then when I only had 1 or 2!!! It's a lot of work but well worth it to me!!

carl_d_c

Exodon
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2014
Mineral Wells, Texas
If I only liked a couple of species of fish, then the one tank idea would work. but; I keep finding new and interesting fish, that don't play well with others, so... more tanks it is!

fwprawn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2011
New England
Don't forget to keep one or two for hospital tanks, unexpected purchases that don't work out, etc. Don't shoot yourself in the foot, and keep a couple in the closet.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store