Need advice

RayFanatic2014

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2014
Mount Prospect, Illinois
I'm still new to the ray hobby and I have a problem. I currently have 2 female black diamonds around 8 inches and 1 male hybrid King I was told was a King henelai/black diamond who is around 10 inches. My problem is one of the females is a bitter. I really don't want to separate any if I don't have to. No serious damage but she does leave light marks on the other two. I feed them 3-4 times a day. Any Advice???

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
As long as she isnt inflicting any real damage, just light scrapes or scuffs it will be ok.

A lot of times you will see a ray who is more dominant or trying to show dominance by topping the other rays causing the damage. Or it will occur during feeding when she is trying to steal food and topping the other rays.
Unless it is just a mean azz then you will have to pay attention that it doesnt stress others out.

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Space restrictions can cause biting. What size of a system are they in. Also make sure you are feeding enough for everyone.

Sent from the Monster Fish Keeping App

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
One of my old female hystrix used to bite the male (but not the other female) at feeding time. She left him alone the rest of the time. Each ray has it's own personality.

RayFanatic2014

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2014
Mount Prospect, Illinois
As long as she isnt inflicting any real damage, just light scrapes or scuffs it will be ok.

A lot of times you will see a ray who is more dominant or trying to show dominance by topping the other rays causing the damage. Or it will occur during feeding when she is trying to steal food and topping the other rays.
Unless it is just a mean azz then you will have to pay attention that it doesnt stress others out.
I see that from time to time. I'm just surprised its the female. thanks for the advice.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store