Mounting a Reeflo pump. Experience needed

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
I just got a Reeflo Hammerhead / Barracuda pump. I need to mount it but am concerned about making it stable as well as minimizing vibration and noise. I want to make sure it doesn't compromise and weaken the pipes. Is it a good idea to put some type of rubber between the mounts and the board? Is there something better than wood to mount it to? Any advice and experience would be appreciated. Also if you have any "don't do it this way" stories, I would like to see those as well.
Thanks
Rodger

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Mine just sits on wood. If it vibrates enough for anything you described like vibratings something is wrong with it

Sent from the Monster Fish Keeping App

Xia

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2014
New York
Google anti vibration pads, use them all the time with booster pumps at work for domestic water in buildings all the time. Basically cork sandwiched in rubber made specially for mounting motors and pumps. Shouldn't be too expensive if you buy a couple small pieces.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
I use like 3/4" slabs of solid rubber - it's the stuff they bolt to V snowplows used on pickups, stuff gets torn regularly from plowing so scraps are kind of easy to come by.

I've used styro, it compresses over time :( Wood gets wet and distorts.

I bet cork from model trains could work?

aldiaz33

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2007
Bay Area
I've used mouse pads to dampen vibration of external pumps in the past with good success.

In regards to plumbing the pump, true union ball valves on both the inlet and the outlet will make your life much easier if you ever have to service the pump.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store