Plastic plants or no?

Nigelk8485

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2014
Louisville, KY
So I got two new pieces of driftwood in...cured them and threw them in the tank while it's cycling. Now I'm debating on using plastic plants or leaving it simple with just the wood. I'm torn right down the middle on the issue. I don't want to mess with live plants since the fish I'm planning on will just shred them.

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1416610856.951140.jpg so I would add maybe one more of the one like I have and then some smaller ones probably if I found something I liked.

Or.

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1416610903.664582.jpg just stick with the driftwood.

Opinions?

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Montelboom

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Maryland
Id go with plastic plants since they'll provide cover and 'frame' the driftwood plus there are cheap plastic plants that looks like the real thing

Sent from my SCH-R830C

MilitantPotato

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2006
Missouri, USA
I'm a fan of plants, even if fake. Hit up a craft store, they have more realistic looking plants if you're going that route.

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
Get anubias, haven't seen any fish shred them; even SD's

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
I like the look of those tall plastic plants.

importracer

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2005
NorthernCalifornia
Plastic plants are super........Grab a bunch of it and place it at the back corner opposites...............Try purchasing long vines made for the lizard vivarium.........The vivarium vines/plants are usually extra long because of its occupants(gecko,lizard,chameleon)..........Underwater, these plants are flowing lifelike structures...........PLus is, you save a couple dollars on each purchase of lizrd plant9, as compared to purchasing regular plastic fish tank plant...........

jeaninel

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2014
california
I like a bit of greenery with driftwood, whether real or fake. Anubias are one of my favorite and they are low light, easy plants that look great. However, my severum annihilated the anubias that were in her tank. You could try it and see jf your fish leave it alone. Tie it to the driftwood. You could also add some tall fake plants for a combination of real and fake.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store