Pup update

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
Been a weird week not really knowing what to expect from my first ever batch of pups
Whilst they look fine and healthy I have worried they not eating, tried everything from prawn to earthworm cut up small. They seem to get interested when I put food in but only seen them hover over and then hard to tell if they actually eating
6 days old this morning and I tried frozen blood worm which they seemed to actually eat so I going to soak some with pellets and see how we get on

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1416654090.577677.jpg

bonesb66

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2010
Birmingham
Plenty of times has it taken a week for my pups to even nibble food.
I find they take to earthworm and bloodworm best.
My advice would be to make a cocktail of bloodworm, earthworm, prawn and massivore cut it all to appropriate sizes add a little tank water and let sit for 10 minutes.

The juices and flavours pass onto the other food, obviously this may be too large of a cocktail for your pups so maybe try bloodworm and massivore or which ever you feel they show most interest over.

Offer several times a day, I know of people who will feel 5x in a day to their pups, stand and watch and remove the left over.

I know it's nerve racking but very feed don't feed.

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
Cheers bonesb66
Needed to hear that from someone all I have read States 3 to 4 days. I know it's not an exact science but reassuring to hear other people's tales regarding newborn pups
I was cutting worm etc up and will continue to do so. I am sure they will come round they look so perfect 😜

KNH

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2005
OH...IO
I found my p14 pup to be picky at the start much more so than my old motoros. Several people told me that black rays in general tend to be a little fussier in the beginning. Earthworms worked for me. Your pups look great.

wmkr

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2005
m'sia
Very nice looking pups u got ther

Sent from my Lenovo K910 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
I would put sinking carnivore in the mix rather than massivore as no need to brake up carnivore

I have seen pups refuse all pellets but take carnivore

Some guy selling carnivore cheap on eBay £47 per kg free delivery

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store