What kind of channa???

CyroXz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2012
Sweden
Hi!
I have kept channas a couple of years ago. And becouse of changed family conditions. I hade to sell them away.
But now im back on track. Just have a smaller tank at home at the moment with some juvenile Ch Bleheri that i soon will try to sell
to more channa lovers =)

And in the beginning of next week i will get home a 450liter tank. And i woundering what kind of channa you would choosen for
that tank?

Im watching the list from Glaser atm.

And i really like Channa sp laos Fireback do you think it would work out in a 450 liter tank? 5-6 of them.
Becouse i really want to get a pair.

I thought of auranti but it would probably just work for a while. Glaser have some of them in Size 10-15cm for sale 80euro each.

And they also have Ch Ornatipinnis.
But Fireback and Auranti is my favorite =)

What do you think? And thx

// Peter Thelander

-DC-

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2009
Canada
What are the dimensions of the tank? I think Even Auranti will be fine in that size . I raised mine in a 110g until breeding started . But outside if breeding mode it is plenty of space for a pair.

Do u have a link o glazers stock list ?? I want Ornatipinnis!! I wonder how much they are asking?

-DC-

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2009
Canada
thanks !! As for your tank , I think u could keep either if your preferred species just fine in it.

When they get a couple years old and breeding starts you'll probably want an upgrade or drop in a temporary divider but other then during spawning that tank should be fine.

CyroXz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2012
Sweden
thanks !! As for your tank , I think u could keep either if your preferred species just fine in it.

When they get a couple years old and breeding starts you'll probably want an upgrade or drop in a temporary divider but other then during spawning that tank should be fine.
I did order 8 channa sp Laos Fireback today from Glazer and just set up my new Juwel Vision 450liter tank. Hade to share som pics.
Still not done with it. Still need a lot of plants on surface and soo on and will lower surface ofc. And more Wood ;D

IMG_2402.JPG

IMG_2400.JPG

SavedPicture.jpg
One of my old Firebacks that i had a couple of years ago =)

IMG_2402.JPG

IMG_2400.JPG

SavedPicture.jpg

-DC-

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2009
Canada
Looks good!!

ettfettbranamn

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
sweden
Kul med fler som hittar ut hit.. Ser bra ut! :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store