Craigslist deal

fishnatics

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2008
Wisconsin
Just picked up my new tank off craigslist. Got a very good deal. Question is that the inside side have no silicone at all. There's silicone on the bottom. Silicone between the panels look good. Now is it safe to just go ahead and fill it up without the silicone or should I put silicone on and be on the safe side? Thanks mfk'ers

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
Just picked up my new tank off craigslist. Got a very good deal. Question is that the inside side have no silicone at all. There's silicone on the bottom. Silicone between the panels look good. Now is it safe to just go ahead and fill it up without the silicone or should I put silicone on and be on the safe side? Thanks mfk'ers
How big is The tank ? My 60 gallon is like this with no issues

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

fishnatics

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2008
Wisconsin
Thanks Looks like I gotta make a stop to get some silicone. I'll seal it tomorrow and by the time I come back home after Thanksgiving, Hope its ready for test fill.

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
Thanks Looks like I gotta make a stop to get some silicone. I'll seal it tomorrow and by the time I come back home after Thanksgiving, Hope its ready for test fill.
Yeah. Dont get too impatient. I would wait about a week. That's how long I always wait. Trust me it's worth it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Quo Vadis

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2014
Wisconsin
I think a few days is usually long enough to wait for a test fill - just wait til the strong silicone smell is pretty much gone. Also make sure you get GE Window and Door, NOT Bath and Sink. Used that stuff once and the first month or so it seems to be mildly toxic and had a bunch of fish died.

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Make sure the glass is completely clean before applying. I wait 48 hours, good luck

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store