Boesemani rainbows?

Nigelk8485

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2014
Louisville, KY
So after adding a few Anubias to my tank I've decided I really like the live plants in the aquarium. Now I'm rearranging my stocking plan to give myself a better chance at being able to keep live plants. I was planning on an oscar, severum, silver dollars, and a Senegal bichir. I've decided to cut the silver dollars out...but now I'm trying to think of a replacement shoaling fish.

I know giant danios are usually mentioned for being with oscars, but given that the rainbows get just as big and have a more unique shape do you think I could get by with them? I'd add the rainbows first, then the bichir. Let them grow a bit and then add the severum and oscar, which would both be 1.5-2". I'm looking at about 10-11 rainbows.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Allan01230

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2006
Michigan
That would be fine I just cant imagine an oscar would leave the plants alone. They are famous for digging and uprooting. I would just do a lot of colorful rainbow fish.

Nigelk8485

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2014
Louisville, KY
This is the rainbow taken set up I had for a year or so. I hope it helps you figure out what to do.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Looks nice man, you must really like rainbows hah that's a lot.

I'm still in the process of adding more plants but here's what I've got so far. Hopefully it finishes cycling within the next month and those damn tannins quit leaking out.
ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1416790762.988718.jpg

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store