Which cafish can live with Ret Tail Giant Gouramis ?

mccoy@mccoyweb.org

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2009
Northen California
I am looking for tankmates for Red tail Giant Gourami's. My new guys are almost 5" long. I wanted to add a cat fish or two while they all grow up. I have read the Pimelodus ornatus grow to 12" and work best if you have 2 or 3 of them. Any thoughts about growing them up with two RTGG's ? I know there is a chance the RTGG's will decide to kick them (kill em) out as they get older, but if we generalize, what might live well with the RTGG's ?

fwprawn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2011
New England
You should be more concerned about them killing one another.

Depending on your fish's personality - you can keep it with just about anything, OR nothing.

Tank size?

mccoy@mccoyweb.org

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2009
Northen California
I brought them home to a 75, they are moving next weekend to my 155 bow front. The fish in the 155 are moving to the 75 (Angels). I have debated about waiting until Christmas to swap tanks until I have more time. When I found the RTGGs (exotic aquariums in Sacramento), there were three, I only wanted two. They were all staying very close to each other, these two had the best color. I know if they are both males I might have to drop to only one when they get larger. We will see :) My 155 has better filtration, there is a wet dry, two Nuclear filters (on for each pump that goes to each corner), and a 48" emperor UV (pumps from the wet dry and back in to the wet dry). I was thinking about some catfish for the RTGG since I have read they will not bother each other but I mostly was thinking about this now so I can grow them together in the hopes they will do better. I will take some photos of the two and post them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store