What is this please help!?

Wochoa3

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2013
Revere Massachusetts
Today I was cleaning my tank and noticed white spots on the face of my 2 red blood parrots and my gold cichlid I don't know what this is and it worries me on one of the parrots there is a sort of crater where the white spot is they are fairly big any ideas please?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1416787156.917528.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1416787170.748347.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1416787197.819714.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1416787339.195347.jpg

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
Probably HITH from poor water quality. Plenty of water changes would be my first port of call

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
Craters sound like HITH. Looks like it from pictures. From consistently poor water quality. What's your tank size? Stock? Water change regimen?

Murrayt

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2014
California
Well the likely reason the the water looks so dirty in the pics is because he was cleaning his tank and then noticed it... However, judging by what your Cichlids have, yeah I would definitely check your water conditions first. May also want to give us more details on your stock etc.

Wochoa3

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2013
Revere Massachusetts
It's a 55 gallon with those 3 and an oscar that's about it and the water is cloudy because I was moving around the rocks and such I used to do a few water changes a week until I went to a few a month so I think I might have to go back to a few weekly

Murrayt

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2014
California
A 55 Gallon tank is far too small for 3-4 large growing Cichlids. You would need to perform 30-40% water changes 2-3 times a week just to keep your bioload on an average scale. Also, an Oscar will certainly outgrow a 55. Realistically, one or two Parrot fish and a Severum would MAX out a 55.

I would try to treat these fish and then re-home a few so that you are left with just two and definitely move the Oscar. You could then do one weekly water change and be back on the safe side. Even with great filtration, a 55 just doesn't have the space for your stock when fully grown. They look pretty big in the pics you have provided.

As for this potential (likely) disease, check your water conditions and continue to monitor the situation over the next few days. I have seen this problem before in some LFS, but personally, I am not sure what the diagnosis is. Wish I could be of more help in this regard.

Wochoa3

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2013
Revere Massachusetts
The red blood parrots are doing better I just completed a 50% water change today and a 25% water change yesterday but now the Severus eyes are bulging out and it really worries me also there are more holes on his head now this is really worrying me I tested my tank and the only thing that was high was the nitrate and that's why I'm doing the water changes but I don't even know if he will get better or worse or even die at it's worst which I surely don't wish will happen

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store