Congo puffer care?

mbsplit2

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2013
chicago il
I'm really interested in getting a congo puffer I just have a few questions.
Tank size?

Where an I find one?
Feeding?
Lastly any other tips would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Ninjouzata

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2013
Georgia, USA
Take this with a grain of salt because I havn't personally owned one but I believe the minimum tank size I usually see for them is a 20 long.

I'm not sure where you'd find one, do you have any LFS that you could ask to order some in? If looking online you may find them on aquabid or from wet spot.

Feeding I would think the same as other puffs, things with shells to keep their beak trimmed. Snails, crayfish, crawfish, clams, etc.

Make sure you have good filtration as puffs can be a bit messy. Sand substrate. Hopefully someone with more hands on experience will come along soon :)

zapantha

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 12, 2012
American Canyon
Seriously no one?

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Sunday's are slow ,puffer section is slow too, what size tank were you gonna house him in? Care is pretty standard. Around 78 temp, sand, snails and shellfish are good staples- small crawdads and shrimp is good, tankmates tend to be hit and miss with all puffers.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
It'll be around $90. They are on eBay and that's what they have as their shopping. I assume it's overnight shipping to make sure the fish is alive at ur house.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store