Dying green terror

GreenTerror7

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2011
So cal/ LAX
My green terror has recently acting extremely strange for the past 3 days and today I noticed ich on other fish. I have not added any new fish recently but the only thing I can think of is I used a net to catch the green terror that I used to remove a dead jewel cichlid from another tank that has ich. Can he contract ich this way? He doesn't have ich but other fish do. I didn't think it had anything to do with the net because he started acting really weird right after I let him go (I used the net to catch him so I could remove a scale that was hanging off). He is showing no signs of ich but after I let him out of the net he started swimming like crazy around the take and seemed to have injured his mouth. I've added a lot of salt (yes I've used the proper salt) and raised the tempreture, What else should I do?

Sorry about the pictures being sideways. I still haven't found out how to rotate them on my iPad

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

GreenTerror7

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2011
So cal/ LAX
Picture is to show mouth injury, his colors look a bit dull but his attitude has completely died down, he sits on the bottom of them tank with his fins pressed down all day and only eats food that comes down to him

Gazzinho11

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 16, 2012
England
Could be mouth rot, a fungus infection, or maybe a injury sustained from lip locking? Is there any fish in the terrors aquarium that could fight with it or injure it? It could have lost a fight and would explain its change in attitude and not wanting to swim around in the open?

GreenTerror7

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2011
So cal/ LAX
Could be mouth rot, a fungus infection, or maybe a injury sustained from lip locking? Is there any fish in the terrors aquarium that could fight with it or injure it? It could have lost a fight and would explain its change in attitude and not wanting to swim around in the open?
Other green terrors would be the only culprit but they're all non-aggressive. He was the mean one

letstalkfish

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 12, 2013
Nomad
In my experience with columnaris both lips protrude. Did he injure himself trying to escape the net? Bash into the tank wall?

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
I would give it another day or 2 to see if it gets worse. If it does, assuming it is a "fungal" infection, you might have to start using gram negative anti-biotic to treat the injury while treating for ich (heat and salt). These medications won't hurt your beneficial bacteria. If you decide to medicate,

For a PH below 7.5, use Furan-2 or equivalent.

For a PH above 7.5, Kanaplex OR Triple Sulfa.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store