Converting to pellets

RayFanatic2014

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2014
Mount Prospect, Illinois
So I've read a couple of threads on here on how to convert my Rays to eating pellets but need some advice. I've been soaking earthworms in a bowl with carnivore sinking pellets for a couple days. Whenever I drop in a couple pellets they approach the pellets but move on shortly after inspection. All my rays are healthy and have plenty of tail fat, but have never eaten pellets from what I was told. Any tips???

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
Are you cutting the worms up? You need to but it STINKS, be warned!

Keister

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2012
Hummelstown, Pennsylvania
So I've read a couple of threads on here on how to convert my Rays to eating pellets but need some advice. I've been soaking earthworms in a bowl with carnivore sinking pellets for a couple days. Whenever I drop in a couple pellets they approach the pellets but move on shortly after inspection. All my rays are healthy and have plenty of tail fat, but have never eaten pellets from what I was told. Any tips???
I have heard of people stuffing worms with pellets and I tried it once but then you get worm crap everywhere and it's just a pain in the butt so I don't prefer that method. I have stuffed pellets into cut tilapia and shrimp instead and then once they consistently eat that then you can start to starve them and begin to offer a single piece of stuffed shrimp or tilapia so they become pretty aggressive for food and immediately pounce on any food dropped in to them then you start to alternate stuffed shrimp or tilapia with just a straight pellet and their aggression should kick in and they should take the pellet but may spit it out. Then simply continue with this method until they accept the pellet straight and then cut out the stuffed shrimp and tilapia and feed straight pellets. Then after you have them eating nothing but pellets mix other foods back in like worms, shrimp, tilapia, ect.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Patients and throw in pellets at every feeding.

Sent from the Monster Fish Keeping App

RayFanatic2014

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2014
Mount Prospect, Illinois
Thanks for the tips. I will get back with the results shortly. I'm off for 4 days for Thanksgiving, so this will give me more time to closely monitor their behavior.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store