Its been a while, MFK. Need advice.

Steveo McNello

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2010
SW Burbs of Chicago
So my schedule recently has been to the point of where i really am not that into my tank anymore, honestly. I downgraded to a 75 african cichlid tank for that reason, and now im feeling pretty bored with this one as well. I just cant sit and watch my tank anymore. Well that and my africans beat the crap out of each other so that sucks. I feel like i need some rejuvenation. Anybody experience this? Im sure some have. What can i do?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Montelboom

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Maryland
Maybe try something else that interest you alot. I know african tanks get boring so maybe a change in pace can rekindle your love of the hobby.

Sent from my SCH-R830C

Devzev

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2014
nyc/nj
In the meantime add some more hiding spots. And lower the temp a bit. It helps a little with the aggression.
Can always sell the cichlids and start over. What fish appeals to you?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Unattended Fish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2010
near but far
When I felt like that I got rid of the fish that bored me and started over. From loaches to monsters to Africans to SA/CA (which I'm stuck on now). Tinkering around with my sump has sparked me to try and constantly find a more efficient filter.

Allan01230

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2006
Michigan
What I did was go for peaceful fish like barbs. I have a barb tank that is very active with no one killing each other. Roseline sharks look great in a school as adults for starters.

bbortko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2010
Northwest, Indiana
The GCCA swap meet is next Sunday. If you want to sell your Africans you can place an add at gcca.net, if you haven't been to a swap it is big and very busy. A lot of people start looking at the classifieds a couple of weeks out so that they can meet up at the swap.

Steveo McNello

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2010
SW Burbs of Chicago
Yeah I saw that. Honestly I only have about 10 fish that I'd have no problem just straight selling on craigslist. Plus I work that day anyway and can't switch. I appreciate it though.

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
I got bored with some of the bigger tanks and the huge fish that go along with them. I ended up redoing my 180 and stocking it with Odessa barbs. I'm really digging the tank now.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store