Massivore as a staple?

Torchia32

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
California
Hey guys I have had trouble getting my doviis to eat any type of pellet food besides Massivore. I have tried cichlid gold, nls, omega, etc but they will only go for the Massivore. I have tried taking Massivore out of their diet and feeding them one of the other pellets for days even if they didn't eat, almost starving them for days to try to change their ways. Is Massivore ok to use as a staple pellet? They also eat brine shrimp, blood worms, etc with no issues. Just had an issue on the pellet side. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Drstrangelove

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Francisco
Fish don't starve in days. I've had fish not eat for weeks and they survived just fine. And in nature, many species cease to eat for long periods of time (again weeks) in order to watch over broods, in order to swim upstream to spawn, due to changes in season that eliminates a great deal of food, etc.

Many species of fish won't change their diets until they are hungry.

If I wanted to change their diet, I'd try raising the tank temperature to around 82-83F, and then wait a week. I'd offer them a small amount of something edible that I wanted them to eat. If they don't eat it, I'd try again in 3-4 days and continue that pattern until they ate. Generally speaking, healthy fish don't starve themselves to prove a point: they aren't stubborn, picky, vindictive or spoiled. Once you know they will eat pellets, there's little reason why they won't eat most pellets.

They're simply waiting for what they expect because in a few days they've learned they'll get it.

Siddons11

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2012
USA
It's a good food source but expensive

Sent from my SCH-I605 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

stiker

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2014
Massivore is fine to be fed as a staple for large carnivorous fish, I have fed it as a stable to my large salmon tail catfish for a long time now. Although they will eat anything

00kevin

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2011
NJ
I've had infertility issues with massivore. A Texas was shooting blanks for over a year, until I switched him to a natural krill pellet. Now he's fertile again

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I've had infertility issues with massivore. A Texas was shooting blanks for over a year, until I switched him to a natural krill pellet. Now he's fertile again.
Lol,well that's a new one.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store