MFK Member
May 22, 2012
NJ
Jardini Arowana @ 14-15"
Eating
Seams healthy
Open Red sore on Pectoral Fin
Treating with salt and Melafix

Purchased a couple weeks ago, he was already dark. Added black substrate and got even darker.
I can not figure out if he is sick or just a dark Jardini? (never seen one this dark though)

photo 1 (4).JPG

photo 2 (4).JPG

photo 3 (3).JPG

h0ckeyfreek20

Candiru
MFK Member
May 22, 2012
NJ
Someone else here had a black jardini too. Very nice pick up! One of my dream fish.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Dam I've always wanted one

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Thanks!

but I'm just hoping he isn't sick and that's why he is darker? otherwise his color is very sharp and vivid, not faded at all

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Nice dark jardini , what was the tank like you got him from ? Black bottom , back and sides ? If so itll probably lighten up unless you do the same , if it doesn't you've found one of the rarer dark jardini
Either way it looks a nice fish :D
Stingray steve has got a nice black jardini , I'm sure a few other members do too

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

litigator666

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2008
clayfield, qld australia
my poor man's arowana. Had him for almost a year now and his colour didn't fade. The script along the body/fins is bronze and black on the body is shiny black.

you may need to observe it if it's really black one as some black jardini Ive seen became black due to the dark/black substrate. I took a risk when I got mine but it's a good thing he is still black and well worth the money I spent for it.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Stunning :thumbup::D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Likely dark phase due to background. Should lighten up once in some neutral colors. Nice fish.

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
Likely dark phase due to background. Should lighten up once in some neutral colors. Nice fish.

I'm curious about that... So if it's caused by the background color is it stressed out from being surround by the black. What in nature would cause it to turn black like that?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store